HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA SINCE 1945
True Manufacturing is recognized as the leading manufacturer of commercial refrigerators and freezers in the world for the foodservice and soft drink industries.
The path to that leadership position began in 1945, when Bob Trulaske and his father, Frank, and later his brother, Art, developed a refrigeration company in their house on Lenox Avenue in St. Louis.
From their garage, they built the first 40 cu. ft. upright freezer on the market. Soon after, they began manufacturing Wrapped Rail Roll-Top Bottle Coolers for beer and beverages in a multi-story warehouse on Pine Street in downtown St. Louis, Missouri.
This is a True story.
One of the Trulaske’s very first refrigerators was used to keep beverages cool in a neighborhood bar, where an exhausted traveling 7UP salesman stopped for a drink.
He noticed the refrigerator behind the bar and, after finding out that it required no unwieldy, expensive blocks of ice, told the bar owner he had to know who built it for him.
In 1948, the 7UP company purchased its first order of True Roll Top Bottle Coolers, and the True legacy was born.
That legacy has grown over the course of 65 years and now includes—in the True Professional Series—commercial refrigeration refined for the home.
True is committed to producing high quality products that are manufactured in the USA. True manufactures each cabinet using an industry-leading combination of high-quality metals and components designed to optimize cabinet performance.
- Fan motors: True uses a balanced system with commercial-grade componenets, which produces a large volume of air at a slow rate passing across the evaporator, which allows for faster recovery and uniformity of temperature through the refrigeration unit.
- Consumption: By matching and balancing oversized compressors, evaporators, and condenser coils, True engineers environmentally friendly refrigeration systems with shorter run times, lower energy consumption, and the industry’s coldest holding temperatures.
- Evaporator coils: True’s evaporator coils have 20-40% more surface area than the industry standard, resulting in faster pull-down of product temperatures and quicker recovery times.
True is meeting and exceeding CEC and DOE energy standards—without sacrificing quality—through the following methods:
- Utilizing green materials and components such as recycled composite materials and Ecomate, a foamed-in-place, high-density, CFC-free polyurethane insulation with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of Z Zero and an Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) of Zero. Developing refrigeration equipment operating on Natural Refrigerants (near “0” GWP).
- True equipment meets RoHS (“Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances”) compliance in electrical and electronic equipment. We reduced the use of major hazardous substances—such as lead, mercury, and cadmium—by 99% in the production of True products.
True Residential Debuts a Serene New Juniper Hue to the Build Your True Program of Custom Finishes and Hardware.
(O’Fallon, MO – February 2021) True Residential, a luxury home refrigeration brand with commercial DNA, is introducing a serene deep/blue gray hue to its Build Your True program of custom finishes and hardware.
Aptly named Juniper, the calming new color addition conjures up images of aromatic Juniper berries, spirits, and the Juniper tree—often used as a symbol of love and protection.
True Residential Brand Manager, Chelsea McClaran, says, “Our ultimate goal when developing new colors to add to our expansive repertoire of finish options rarely has anything to do with current trends.
Juniper, a particularly gorgeous yet soothing hue, is lauded for its versatility and enduring appeal.
It easily pivots between serving as a neutral and a bold design choice—and seamlessly melds with color pairings ranging from off-white to black for one ultra-chic effect.
As the use of color in the kitchen only grows in exponential fashion, we are excited to give homeowners and designers another beautiful staple finish to apply to any of our full-sized and indoor/outdoor undercounter units.”
The predominant botanical in any gin, both by scent and through the palate, the Juniper finish likewise exudes a relaxing essence designed to bring a sense of serenity to any room.
The new hue, which joins recent introductions such as the cheer-inducing Saffron and the tactile, Ultra Matte Black, allows designers and homeowners a choice of 60 unique color combinations from the brand’s Build Your True collection of custom hardware and finishes.
Further available finishes include Stainless Steel, Gloss Black, Matte Black, Emerald, Cobalt, Matte White and Antique White.
Together with complementary hardware options that include Stainless Steel, Copper, Brass, Pewter, Gold, and Chrome—the design possibilities exemplify the True brand experience.
About True Residential: A division of the third generation, family owned-and-operated True ® Manufacturing Company in St. Louis, True Residential was established to deliver the finest in high-end home refrigeration backed by a long legacy of commercial performance.
Handcrafted in the USA with the same meticulous attention to quality and detail industry professionals demand, the residential series includes full-size refrigerators and refrigerator columns; and undercounter wine cabinets, refrigerators, beverage centers, refrigerator drawers, beer dispensers, and ice machines.